NOTICE OF THE MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF HEMPHILL, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 5:30 P.M. in the City Council Chambers located at 211 Starr St., Hemphill, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be discussed, to-wit:
1) Call to Order.
3) Pledge to the American and Texas Flags.
4) Citizen Comments—All Citizens Desiring to Comment during this Period are limited to 4 minutes per person.
5) Consent Agenda—All matters listed under Item 5, consent agenda, are considered to be routine by the city council, and will be enacted by one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered separately.
A. Approve Minutes of the June 18, 2019 Regular Meeting. B. Approve Accounts Payable Check Register June 2019. C. Approve Gas Power Cost Adjustment of <0.067> per ccf for July 2019. (Note: Gas PCA is negative.)
D. Approve Electric Power Cost Adjustment of 0.02600 per KWH for July 2019. E. Approve Establishing the Sabine County Reporter as the Official Newspaper of the City of Hemphill.
6) Discuss and Approve Resolution #2019-009 Authorizing the exchange of land between the City of Hemphill and the Hemphill First Church of God, being one lot owned by each entity in the Joseph Walker Survey Abstract No. 57, for the purpose of expanding the city cemetery and for providing cemetery access by constructing a road onto Highway 87 South.
7) Discuss Engaging a City Attorney.
8) Discuss HB No. 2840 relating to the right of a member of the public to address the governing body of a political subdivision allowing the members of the public to address the body regarding an item on the agenda and discuss adopting reasonable rules regarding the public’s right to address the body regarding items on the agenda.
9) City Business: A. Police Report by David West, Chief of Police.
B. City Manager’s Report a. Discuss/Update on ongoing City Projects-Milam Street Paving and Storage Shed Building. b. Discuss Texas CDB Grant Tank Coating Projects-Bid Advertising. c. Discuss TxDOT Sidewalk Project on Hwy 87N inside the City. d. Discuss City Website Redesign, City Logo Design, Official City Facebook Page, and Updated Personnel Policy. e. Discuss City Pride Signs and City Pride Agreement with TxDOT. f. Discuss Cannon Street FEMA Project. 10) Suggestions for Agenda Items for August 2019 Regular Meeting. 11) Adjourn. By Kelli Beall, City Secretary/Accountant I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of the Meeting of the Governing Body of the above named City, Hemphill, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted a true and correct copy of said Notice on the inside and outside bulletin boards in the City Hall of said City, Hemphill, Texas, both places convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and on the city website, and said Notice was posted on Friday, July 12, 2019 at 4:30 P.M. and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting. Dated this the 12th day of July, 2019. City of Hemphill By Kelli Beall, City Secretary/Accountant This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Request for accommodations or interpretiv