Looking for historic sites, local history, families members? Visit the Sabine County History Center.
For more information contact the Sabine County History Center at 235 North Texas Street, between the jail and post office, or call (409)787-3132.
From the oldest latch house in Texas, to the original trail south into Texas Sabine County is rich in history.
Follow the Trail
- Many High School principal, Norman Ural Booker III, arrested for alleged 1990s sexual assault of juveniles
- Train derails in Orange County, 25 cars including four leaking
- Great book review event by Kim Campbell about her life with Glenn Campbell
- Overall Winners in Sabine County’s Operation Pork Chop Recognized
- Full Time RN Needed, Sabine County Hospital
- Sabine County Hospital is seeking to employ a full time Radiologic Technologist
- Traffic Alert, as Highway 96 project begins in San Augustine County
- Report Detailing Government Efforts to Combat Robocalls Released to Congress
- Salvation Army Holiday Food Baskets Applications, Oct. 29
- COVID-19 is on the rise in Sabine County, with 26 active cases in schools alone
- Sabine County Sheriff's Office arrest report ending, October 26, 2020
- What’s still under the waters of Toledo Bend Reservoir: Sinker Logs
- Newton County Sheriff Billy Rowles says deputies responded to two gun shot incidents
- Three injured in two vehicle accident in Sabine County
- Sabine County COVID-19 numbers updated; on-campus classes suspended at West Sabine ISD
- Affidavit alleged 67-year old Brookeland man would marry the 13-year old, but denied sexual contact
- The sign says closing forever, what a sad sight
- Jasper Police ask for help locating stolen trailer
Early voting has begun in Texas. Do you participate in Early Voting or do you wait until Election Day to cast your ballot.