NOTICE OF THE MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF HEMPHILL, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 5:30 P.M. in the City Council Chambers located at 211 Starr St., Hemphill, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be discussed, to-wit: 1) Call to Order.
3) Pledge to the American and Texas Flags.
4) Reading of Statement regarding City of Hemphill City Council Meeting Speaker Policy—read by Kelli Beall, City Secretary/Accountant
5) Citizen Comments—All Citizens Desiring to Comment during this Period are limited to 4 minutes per person.
6) Consent Agenda—All matters listed under Item 6, consent agenda, are considered to be routine by the city council, and will be enacted by one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered separately. a. Approve Minutes of the December 15, 2020 Regular Meeting. b. Approve Accounts Payable Check Register December 2020. c. Approve Gas Power Cost Adjustment of ($0.045) per ccf for January 2021. (Note: Gas PCA is negative.) d. Approve Electric Power Cost Adjustment of $0.00906 per KWH for January 2021.
7) Consider and Approve City of Hemphill’s Annual Audit Report for the fiscal year of July 1, 2019 thru June 30, 2020—Kyle King, Audit Manager, Goff & Herrington, PC.
8) Discuss and Approve Resolution #2021-001 Authorizing and Ordering a General Election to Be Held on May 1, 2021 in the City of Hemphill for the Purpose of Electing the Following Officials for the City of Hemphill, Texas:
9) a. Alderman Place 1; b. Alderman, Place 2; and c. Alderman, Place 3 And Establishing a Procedure for the Election as well as Authorizing the City Secretary/Accountant and City Manager to Contract with the Hemphill Independent School District to Conduct the Election for the City of Hemphill as a Joint Election.
(Considerar y aprobar la Resolución Nro. 2021-001 autorizando y convocando una Elección General a celebrarse el 1 de mayo de 2021 en la Ciudad de Hemphill con el propósito de elegir a los siguientes Oficiales de la Ciudad: a. Concejal, Posición Nro. 1; b. Concejal, Posición Nro. 2; y c. Concejal, Posición Nro. 3 Y estableciendo los procedimientos para la conducción de la elección al igual que se autoriza la secretaria / contador de la ciudad y gerente de la ciudad de contrato con el distrito escolar independiente de Hemphill para conducir la elección para la Ciudad de Hemphill como una elección conjunta.) Discuss and Approve Public Funds Investment Act Quarterly Investment Report for the Quarter of 10/01/2020- 12/31/2020.
10) Discuss/approve Resolution #2021-002 designating a professional engineering firm for the 2021-2022 TxCDBG Community Development Fund application and project implementation, administered by the Texas Department of Agriculture.
11) Discuss and Possibly Approve City of Hemphill Policy Plan for FFRCA (Corona Virus).
12) Discuss details of the City’s USDA loan and refinancing possibilities and approve authorization for the City Manager to enter into a refinance agreement with a local bank with improved loan terms for the city.
13) Discuss/Provide details regarding police use of personal cell phone and determine if the city needs to adopt a specific cell phone policy for police officers.
14) Discuss and Possibly Approve changing Birch Street from a One-way Street to a Two-way Street.
15) Discuss/ Follow-Up on Prior Meeting Citizen Comment – Cliff Young/Slice open BBQ Pit on Howard St, Overall parking issues on Howard St.
16) City Business: A. Police Report by David West, Chief of Police. B. City Manager’s Report i. ii. iii. iv. v.
17) Suggestions for
18) Adjourn. Hurricane Laura Update FEMA Projects – Hurricane Harvey SRA Funds Follow-up questions concerning: Zigler Lift Station, Sabine Apartments Update, and One-way Streets around the Square City Staff/Personnel Issues Agenda Items for February 2021 Regular Meeting. By Kelli Beall, City Secretary/Accountant PURSUANT TO SECTION 551.127 OF THE TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, AND IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE GUIDANCE AND PROVISIONS PROVIDED BY THE GOVERNOR OF TEXAS IN THE DECLARATION OF DISASTER ENACTED MARCH 13, 2020, MEMBERS OF THE CITY COUNCIL MAY BE PARTICIPATING REMOTELY IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE TEXAS OPEN MEETINGS ACT, AS TEMPORARILY MODIFIED BY THE GOVERNOR, AND COUNCIL RULES OF PROCEDURE. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC OR MEMBERS OF THE CITY COUNCIL MAY PARTICIPATE BY VIDEO CONFERENCE OR TELECONFERENCE ONLY BY JOINING THE ZOOM MEETING AT THE FOLLOWING LINK OR BY GOING TO zoom.us and clicking “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting ID of 836 0806 0204 or by clicking on the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83608060204 To listen by telephone only dial: 1-346-248-7799 and enter the meeting ID of 836 0806 0204 In order to comply with Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order due to COVID-19, which states that every person in Texas shall avoid social gatherings in which proper social distancing cannot be maintained and since the number of person’s allowed in the city council chambers will be limited to 13 persons, including City Council Members and City Staff, due to the fact that proper social distancing cannot be maintained for more than 13 people. ADMITTED IN PERSON. A Police Officer will be at the door to regulate entrance to the meeting. Members of the ONLY 3 MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WILL BE public may attend through the Zoom Meeting methods listed above. Members of the public who plan to participate via video conference and who would like to make public comments must do so in writing and MUST provide the City Secretary with a completed speaker card and their written comments by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 per the City’s Speaker Policy. You may e-mail the completed speaker card to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you may drop off your speaker card with your comments at City Hall by 4:00 pm on January 19, 2021. You may attach your written
comments to the completed Speaker Card, if needed. Speaker cards can be obtained at City Hall or on the city’s website at www.cityofhemphill.com . If you are a member of the public who is admitted in person, you must have a speaker card completed and turned in five minutes, prior to the start of the meeting. A recording of the audio and video of the meeting will be made, and will be available to the public in accordance with the Open Meetings Act upon written request. I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of the Meeting of the Governing Body of the above named City, Hemphill, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted a true and correct copy of said Notice on the inside and outside bulletin boards in the City Hall of said City, Hemphill, Texas, both places convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and on the city website, and said Notice was posted on Friday, January 15, 2021 at 4:00 P.M. and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting. Dated this the 15th da