Hemphill City Council will meet in Special Session on July 7, at 5:30 p.m. to discuss and approve the resignation of Hemphill City Secretary Laure Morgan. According to the posted agenda the effective date is July 31. A citizen comment period is allotted at the meeting and all speakers must sign up beforehand to be recognized. No other statement concerning the details of Morgan's resignation is known at this time.
The next item on he agenda is discuss and possibly approve authorizing Laure Morgan to advertise and publish job advertisement for City Manager Position for the City of Hemphill, and to which media and job boards that the advertisement will be published.
The agenda below has a link to phone in and directions for public comment. The agenda is attached.
July 7, 2020 at 5:30 P.M. in the City Council Chambers located at 211 Starr St., Hemphill, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be discussed, to-wit:
1) Call to Order.
3) Pledge to the American and Texas Flags.
4) Reading of Statement regarding City of Hemphill City Council Meeting Speaker Policy—read by Kelli Beall, City Secretary/Accountant
5) Citizen Comments—All Citizens Desiring to Comment during this Period are limited to 4 minutes per person.
6) Executive Session, Pursuant to Texas Government Code, §551.074
(Personnel Matters): i) Discuss Resignation of Laure Morgan, City Manager, effective 07/31/2020; and ii) Discuss Job Advertisement for City Manager Position.
7) Discuss and Approve Resignation of Laure Morgan, City Manager, to be effective 07/31/2020.
8) Discuss and Possibly Approve authorizing Laure Morgan to advertise and publish job advertisement for City Manager Position for the City of Hemphill, and to which media and job boards that the advertisement will be published.
9) Adjourn. By Kelli Beall, City Secretary/Accountant
PURSUANT TO SECTION 551.127 OF THE TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, AND IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE GUIDANCE AND PROVISIONS PROVIDED BY THE GOVERNOR OF TEXAS IN THE DECLARATION OF DISASTER ENACTED MARCH 13, 2020, WHICH HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL JULY 11, 2020, MEMBERS OF THE CITY COUNCIL MAY BE PARTICIPATING REMOTELY IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE TEXAS OPEN MEETINGS ACT, AS TEMPORARILY MODIFIED BY THE GOVERNOR, AND COUNCIL RULES OF PROCEDURE. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC OR MEMBERS OF THE CITY COUNCIL MAY PARTICIPATE BY VIDEO CONFERENCE OR TELECONFERENCE ONLY BY JOINING THE ZOOM MEETING AT THE FOLLOWING LINK OR BY GOING TO zoom.us and clicking “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting ID of 898 6951 or by clicking on the following link: 1194 https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89869511914 To listen by telephone only dial: 1-346-248-7799 and enter the meeting ID of 898 6951 1914 In order to comply with Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order due to COVID-19, which states that every person in Texas shall avoid social gatherings in which proper social distancing cannot be maintained and since the number of person’s allowed in the city council chambers will be limited to 13 persons, including City Council Members and City Staff, due to the fact that proper social distancing cannot be maintained for more than 13 people. WILL BE ADMITTED IN PERSON. A Police Officer will be at the door to regulate entrance to the ONLY 3 MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC meeting. Members of the public may attend through the Zoom Meeting methods listed above. Members of the public who plan to participate via video conference and who would like to make public comments must do so in writing.