Hemphill City Council will meet on Tuesday, Nov. 19 at 5:30 p.m.
NOTICE OF THE MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF HEMPHILL, TEXAS Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 5:30 P.M. in the City Council Chambers located at 211 Starr St., Hemphill, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be discussed, to-wit: 1) Call to Order.
3) Pledge to the American and Texas Flags.
4) Citizen Comments—All Citizens Desiring to Comment during this Period are limited to 4 minutes per person.
5) Consent Agenda—All matters listed under Item 5, consent agenda, are considered to be routine by the city council, and will be enacted by one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered separately. A. Approve Minutes of the October 15, 2019 Regular Meeting. B. Approve Accounts Payable Check Register October 2019. C. Approve Gas Power Cost Adjustment of <0.040> per ccf for November 2019. (Note: Gas PCA is negative.) D. Approve Electric Power Cost Adjustment of 0.03263 per KWH for November 2019.
6) Consider and Approve City of Hemphill’s Annual Audit Report for the fiscal year of July 1, 2018 thru June 30, 2019—Daniel Raney, CPA, Audit Manager, Goff & Herrington, PC.
7) Discuss and Possibly Approve Ordinance #2019-002 Amending the City of Hemphill’s Code of Ordinances, Chapter 26. Utilities, Article III. Rates, Charges, Billing Procedure, Sections 26-111-Deposit, 26.112-Policy, 26- 113-Records for Deposits, and Section 26-114 Refund of Deposits in order to amend the city’s policy on utility deposits and waiver of utility deposits—Tabled from October 15, 2019 Regular Meeting.
8) Discuss and Possibly Approve adding a garbage utility deposit of twice the monthly charge to the City Fee Schedule for customers that have garbage service only and that have water, sewer, and garbage only.
9) Discuss and Approve Purchasing and Ordering of a T870 T4 Bobcat Track Loader (Skid Steer) with Attachments as included in 2019-2020 Budget for Capital Improvements for the City Utility Department.
10) Discuss City Cemetery lot exchange with Hemphill Church of God and need for an appraisal and publication in the newspaper per legal requirements per advice of City Attorney.
11) Discuss and Possibly Approve Budget Amendment 2019-004 for Fiscal Year to do the following line-item transfer:
a. Add $1,920.00 to Police Department Repair and Maintenance to fund Annual Software Maintenance for CopSync NIBRS Compliant Software—this is the portion of the expense for the software that was not funded by NIBRS grant; and
b. Subtract $1,920.00 from Administrative Department Cleaning Contract Fees due to a reduction in the cleaning contract fees.
12) City Business:
A. Police Report by David West, Chief of Police.
B. City Manager’s Report 1. City Projects: a) Christmas Pole Decorations and Christmas Lights above Texas St. and Oak St. b) Tank Coating Project at Water Treatment Plant. c) Cannon St. resurfacing FEMA Project to begin 11/25/2019. d) Advertising for Bids on other FEMA Projects—which are: • Culverts on Railroad and Barber Street, • Fencing of East Mayfield and Ziegler Lift Stations, and • Cleaning of Surge Capacity Pond at Waste Water Treatment Plant. e) Meeting with New Owner of Sabine Apartments-David Durr.
2. City Website Redesign and Launch Date.
3. Lions Club Christmas Parade City Participation-Saturday, December 7th.
4. City Cemetery Wreaths Across America Ceremony—Saturday, December 14th at 10 am.
5. One Way Streets on the Square.
6. Discuss City Permitting Fees and Inspections, Possibly Contracting with a Building Inspector and Need to Amend the Ordinance to adopt the 2018 International Building Code.
7. Discuss the possible need for Zoning Ordinances designating Commercial Zones and Mobile Home specifications in the City.
8. Discuss City Employee Handbook/Personnel Policy Update and need for written job descriptions.
9. City Employee recognition: a) Kelli Beall—passed Test for Course 1 Texas Registered Municipal Clerk Certification. b) Dustin Nichols—Completed Water Utilities Safety Course and Exam. c) Laure Morgan-Completed Information Systems for Managers—Certified Public Manager Course. 13) Suggestions for Agenda Items for December 2019 Regular Meeting. 14) Adjourn.