May 27, 2020-- Sabine County Courthouse, Administration Building and Tax Office is CLOSED un… Read more
- COVID -19 outbreak, Sabine County Courthouse, Administration Building, and Tax Office closed until Monday, June 1
- Showers and thunderstorms possible, don’t forget your umbrella
- Stephen J. Cox appointed as U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Texas
- Hemphill man charged with first degree murder, $25,000 bond set
- Sabine County has eight active COVID-19, and almost 30 test pending
Attorney General William P. Barr Announces the Appointment of Stephen J. Cox as U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Texas
Sabine County, Texas
I overheard a group of people discussing murders in Sabine County while standing in line at the store. By the time I reached the cashier, I was sure there couldn't be all that many over the years. I could think of several huge cases.
Congratulations to Mason Brittain on signing with Schreiner University to play basketball! We are so proud of you!
Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission Awards $3.71 Million in Recreational Trail Grants to Texas Communities
AUSTIN -- The Railroad Commission of Texas issued a total of 456 original drilling permits in April 2020 compared to 909 in April 2019. The April 2020 total includes 416 permits to drill new oil or gas wells, two to re-enter plugged well bores and 27 for re-completions of existing well bores.
To receive an honorable eulogy is evidence of a life well-lived, but to receive a string of honorable tributes 150 years after your death is a higher testimony to achievement.